FCCD is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the promotion of high professional standards for criminal justice agencies and criminal justice personnel.
Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for the prevention and reduction of crime and delinquency and to enhance the quality of justice for all Floridians.
The purpose of FCCD is:
- To provide a mechanism for a meaningful interchange of information and ideas between the disciplines of the criminal justice system in the State of Florida;
- To keep the citizenry of Florida informed and educated as to purposes, goals, achievements, and problems of the criminal justice system;
- To solicit volunteer citizen involvement;
- To promote high standards of professional practice in the criminal justice system;
- To conduct Chapter, Sectional, and State level seminars, workshops, institutes, and other training programs for criminal justice practitioners;
- To receive public or private gifts, grants, or donations to further the purpose enumerated in this Article.
FCCD’s history dates back to 1935 through an antecedent organization, the Florida Probation Association. The council was chartered by Secretary of State in 1964 as a non-profit corporation dedicated to promoting high standards for criminal justice agencies and criminal justice personnel.